To have a profitable website you want to have lots of traffic coming to your site. But you don’t want just any traffic; you want visitors that are ready to buy what you are offering. Here are some techniques that you can use to send ‘ready to buy’ visitors to your website.
1. When someone is looking on the internet for information or to buy a product they will usually search in the search engines to find what they are looking for. If your website is being displayed highly in the search results then you can get a lot of free traffic to your site. To have your site ranking highly in the search engines you will need to have it well optimized for the keyword phrase that people are looking for. This means that you want to use that keyword phrase in your titles, Meta tags and throughout your content. Then when someone searches for that particular keyword phrase they can find your website. You can have a website ranking for multiple keyword phrases giving you even more traffic.
2. You can advertise your site through pay-per-click advertising. You can do this through Google and have your ads appearing in Google when people search for the keyword terms you use for your ad. Pay-per-click works just as the name suggests, you pay an amount every time a visitor clicks on your ad. This type of advertising can become expensive if you don’t set it up correctly so you want to use a good, enticing ad as well as the right keyword phrases.
3. Publish an ezine and make it informative and interesting about your particular business. You can include in your ezine any discounts or promotions that you are running or even ask readers to take a survey as this will encourage those readers to visit your website. Most ezine publishers will allow writers to include a link to their website within their article.
4. Write articles and have them published on other websites. There are a number of good article directories where you can publish your articles and you can include a link to your website in the resource box. When you are writing articles you should have an attention grabbing headline to entice more readers and in your resource box have something that will grab their attention and entice them to visit your website.
5. Use banner advertising to drive traffic to your website. You can place banner ads in ezines or on other websites that are related to your niche. If you place ads on websites that aren’t related then you will likely receive a lot of non-buying visitors so to have targeted visitors you need to advertise on sites that are related to your business.
6. Advertise on forums. Many forums will sell advertising space and forums can receive a lot of visitors, each one of them being able to view your ad. Banner ads are great for placing on forums but once again make sure that you are advertising on a forum that is related to your niche.
You can use all of these methods or select a few to use as they are all quite effective at getting those buying customers to visit your website.No tags for this post.